1. The following are Major Tournaments:
CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP - Low Gross Tournament
SENIOR CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP – Low Gross Tournament
CACTUS CLASSIC - Low Net Tournament
PRESIDENTS’ CUP - Match-Play Tournament
With the agreement of the current Board, the Chair(s) and Committee will: (a) establish entry procedures; (b) determine the field and format; (c) determine the method for substitution in the event of cancellation.
2. In all Major Tournaments and special events, a player will play to a maximum course handicap of 36.
3. Members who have started to play in a Major Tournament are required to complete all rounds under the USGA Rules of Golf. Players who withdraw, no show, X-out or fail to putt out on a hole without reasonable cause as determined by the Tournament Chair(s), will be ineligible to compete in the next Major Tournament.
4. Individual scorecards signed by scorer (marker) and attested by player, are the only scorecards required and are the official scorecards of the tournament. It is recommended that the players keep an unofficial master card for comparison of scores.
5. A scoring area will be established. Once a player deposits her signed and attested scorecard in the designated box, it is considered final. (USGA rule 6.2, 6.6b, c, d)
6. In Major Tournaments, in case of a tie for the overall winner an on-course sudden-death playoff will be held immediately.
7. Participants must play all scheduled days. The Tournament Scoring/Handicap Committee will post all players scores with a “C”.
8. See the previous page under Ace Days for the USGA recommended method to break ties.
CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP/SENIOR CHAMPIONSHIP
A three-day (3) gross score tournament. Participants must play all three days. A player’s ESC gross score will be posted with a "C" within 48 hours of the completion of each day of play.
In order to participate in the Senior Club Championship, the member must turn 72 by the end of the calendar year.
A three-day (3) low net tournament. Participants must play all three days. A player’s ESC gross score will be posted with a “C” within 48 hours of the completion of each day of play.
This is a multi-day match-play tournament with the number of rounds dependent on the size of the field (32 players=5 rounds; 64 players=6 rounds). All participants must play in the qualifying round to determine the field of 32 or 64 based on low net scores. Participants must commit to playing in all rounds until eliminated.